Pinterest

Sunday 1 February 2015

Introducing Sawyer...

“Shall we call it a day?”
I jumped. I had been in my own little world there for a moment. I blinked at her, “I beg your pardon?”
She smiled at me and I felt something inside awaken. For the last two years I had felt nothing. What was it about this woman, with her soft face and gently curling hair that was getting under my skin? It made me uncomfortable.
“Fancy something to eat?” she said with a smile, “I’m famished.”
I nodded, “Sure.” I agreed. “Tell you what – I’ll take you out – you’ve done enough today and the rest of the boys can look after themselves for a change.” What was I saying? What was I doing? I was making it sound as if I cared about her… Maybe I did.
She blushed a charming shade of pink. “Oh, right – okay. Where did you have in mind?”
I shrugged, “There are a few places in the city – don’t dress up – they’re not fancy but the food is good.” I grinned at her.

She smiled back, “Okay,” she agreed, “That sounds like fun. I’ll see you in half an hour then.” She shot out of the old house and was half way across the field before I’d realised that I’d just effectively asked her on a date… Shit!

Sawyer... Riverside... Fletcher brothers series

No comments:

Post a Comment