Pinterest

Tuesday 20 September 2011

It's raining....

I know I shouldn't moan because it has been a ridiculously dry year, but I hate the rain!
Still, I'm trying to think of the positives and my pumpkins should be swelling nicely in the garden :)
I haven't the foggiest what my celeriacs are doing, but my purple sprouting brocolli seems to have survived the attack of the cabbage whites over the summer. (I'm quite into this organic gardening lark - and who cares if you have to cut out the odd grub or two?)
Our plum tree gave us a magnificent crop this year- I've got more jars of plum jam than I've got storage...
I'm just looking out of the window and there's the most enormous spider web, complete with big hairy spider right in the middle (gulp :/) and the rain drops make it look all spooky - I think I feel a spooky halloween short story coming on...

No comments:

Post a Comment