Pinterest

Friday 13 February 2015

This Valentines Day....

If you've ever been 'friends' you'll understand....


Available now from Amazon

...Angelica came to visit the very next weekend and she’d been so delighted to see me she’d flung her arms around my neck and kissed me full on the lips.
I’d closed my eyes and kissed her back but it wasn’t a full on snog – more’s the pity…
We broke apart, both looking a little embarrassed and it was then she broke her news – and my heart…
“I’ve met this guy…”
My stomach turned over and I felt my heart turn to a solid lump of lead in my chest; a guy? She’d never met a guy before. Before it had always been just the two of us against the world… I glanced across at Carry-Ann, who looked back at me with wide eyes, “A guy?” I asked, “Cool,” I swallowed and forced a smile. I couldn’t hide my tears behind my glasses anymore, since I’d gotten all cool and had a haircut and started to wear contacts, but right now I was wishing for those specs – as much as I’d hated them all my life before…. I blinked. “What’s his name?”
“Steve,” she said with a bit of an affected sigh – or maybe it was an ‘I’m in love with him’ sigh and I was just being picky… “He’s so intelligent…”
I was a little affronted, “I got straight A’s you know,” I said before I could stop myself, “I’m intelligent,” I added completely unnecessarily, “What’s so fabulous about him?”
Carry-Ann gave me a warning glance. I nodded and decided to keep my mouth shut after that – no point in making a total fool of myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment