Pinterest

Wednesday 1 April 2020

Stay In... Save Lives

Hey everyone,
It's really strange being inside all of the time at the moment, but so very important in order that the NHS and every other health service across the world are able to stay on top of this dreadful, dreadful coronavirus.
While I've been inside, I've been writing the final instalment in my Marina series, which is Dallas's story...
Here's a little snippet for you...

T
Take a deep breathe Slade. Keep it real, dude. He said he was coming... Don't freak him out. leave it at that... 
I could see that I’d pushed things as far as I could with the beautiful Dallas and I really didn’t want him to back out of coming out with me and my friends.
So, he lived on a caravan park, huh? I wondered how long he’d lived there. There was so much I didn’t know about him – and so much I wanted to know.
What had prompted him leaving the Midlands and coming here?
I had no idea which park he lived on but that was okay. He’d turn up for work again tomorrow – and I’d make sure I spoke to him again.
We had a lot to talk about, that was for sure – not least how the hell he ended up with a child when I was pretty sure he was gay…
I headed home with excitement bubbling through my veins. Now that I’d finally plucked up the courage to talk to the guy – and found that he wasn’t quite so beautifully aloof as I was imagining him to be, I couldn’t wait to see him again tomorrow.

*

I was like a cat on a hot tin roof all day, waiting to go into work.
Dallas had the day off, so it felt even longer than usual getting through my shift – and it really didn’t help that Jon kept drip-feeding me little nuggets of information about him. If he knew so damned much, why the hell couldn’t he just damned well tell me?”
“Dude,” I rolled my eyes, “Just tell me everything you know.” It had finally gotten too much.
Jon chuckled, “What the fun in that be?” he asked, fluttering his eyelashes at me in a very annoying fashion.
“Stop that.” I groused, “You’re too old to flirt.”
He laughed, “Listen, kid.” He said, “You’re never too old to flirt.”
I scowled at him, earning another annoying chuckle. “Why are you so intent in knowing all about him from me?” he asked, “Better to ask the questions to the man, himself, surely?”
I stuck my tongue out at him. “Fat chance of that.” I muttered as I cleaned down the table I was currently gathering up the glasses from.
 He grinned back and then looking past me, he shocked the hell out of me, “Hey, Dallas.” He said, “Can’t you stay away?”
My jaw dropped. He was here? I turned around, my heart in my mouth.
There was Dallas, looking all kinds of sexy, dressed from head to toe in black with a bandana around his head. His jeans were almost indecently tight and his tee shirt had cut-off sleeves, showing his bulging biceps, tattooed with Starr’s name over what looked like a Superman logo. Damn. He was sexy.
I knew my eyes were raking him up and down but seriously, I couldn’t stop myself. He had Dr Martin boots on that were clearly as old as the hills but they still managed to look awesome.
In the buggy he was pushing, sat his son, Starr – looking every bit as adorable as his father, in a matching bandana and pretty much the same outfit. 
They both smiled at me and my heart went into overdrive. Holy shit, I wanted to be part of that family…
“Hi.” I managed to squeak.
Dallas’ smile got bigger, “Hi.” He said, “I’ve been out shopping for something to wear tonight.”
I nodded, “Oh, cool.” I said, “What did you get?”
He shrugged, “Just a shirt – didn’t know if they’d let me in, in my usual gear.”
I nodded again. Hell, I was going to pieces again. “The dress code is usually pretty casual.” I said, “But you certainly won’t be overdressed in a shirt.”
He grinned, “Well, that’s good – because it cost a fortune.”
He was spending money on looking good… Don’t read too much into it, Slade. It’s not necessarily for you. I smiled, “Would you like a drink?” I asked, “Something to eat?”
He shook his head, “I’d better get back and get something for Starr. I’m dropping him in with Carrie this afternoon so he can get settled in with her.”
I nodded, trying to look as if I understood how to look after a child’s needs. “Cool – well, I guess I’ll see you later, then.”
Dallas nodded, biting his lip, “Uh, where did you say we were meeting for pre’s again?”
My heart leapt. He was coming to prinks! “Uh, I don’t think I did, did I?”
He shook his head, “Don’t think so, no.”
I smiled, “Right here. Nine o’clock?”
He nodded, “I’ll be here.”
Wow… 

Hope you enjoyed it. 
I shall carry on writing while I've nothing else to do! 
Stay Safe everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment