Pinterest

Wednesday 29 April 2020

Coming Soon...

Say something romantic to me in French.”
I smiled, “Sans toi, je suis rien. Un jour sans toi, c’est comme un livre sans page, un arbre sans racine, un téléphone sans numéro, une tartine sans confiture...”
He sighed, “Ahh, that sounds fantastic,” he turned in my arms, “What did you just say?”
I chuckled, “I said, “Without you I am nothing. A day without you is like a book without a page, a tree without a root, a phone without a number, a slice of bread without jam ...”
He blinked his beautiful big, green eyes at me, “Seriously?” he asked.
I nodded, “Yes.”
His mouth dropped open slightly, “And, you really mean that?” he asked.
I bit my lip. I hadn’t really meant to get so carried away but as I gazed back into his eyes, the truth hit me like a punch to the gut. Mon dieu, je pense que je suis amoureux de lui!
My heart started to thump in my chest. My palms began to sweat. What was I supposed to do now? 


Tell him. A voice in my head that sounded suspiciously like my mother piped up, what’s the worst that can happen?
Well, let me consider this a moment. He could a, run a mile, b, tell me he isn’t interested in me that way or c, tell me he is interested in me that way and we could live happily ever after....
I took a deep breath and told him what was in my heart, albeit, still in French... forgive me, I was a little shy... “Vraiment, tout simplement – Je t’aime.” 
He stared at me for a moment and then he shocked the hell out of me, “I love you, too.” He said and leaned in. Our lips met and I thought my heart would beat right out of my chest, with how much it was pounding.
I groaned into his mouth as he parted his lips, eager for me to deepen the kiss, “Je t’aime, je t’aime, je t’aime.” I murmured between kisses, “De tous dans l’univers entier, c’est toi. Tu es la seule chose sans laquelle je ne peux plus vivre. Je t’aime tellement, sans limite, sans condition. Mon univers, c’est toi.”
He looked up at me, “I haven’t got the faintest idea what you’re telling me – you could be reciting a shopping list for all I know, but dude, it’s sexy and romantic and I want to hear you say things like that to me for the rest of our days on this planet. I don’t know when I fell in love with you – but I can’t tell you how happy I am that I met you and that this happened. You are everything to me.”
I smiled, “Yeah, you too.” I said. Let him think I was reciting a shopping list. It was a bit over the top anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment