Pinterest

Thursday 20 June 2019

Coming Soon... The Marina #3 and #4...


“What’s Tiffany doing today? I asked.
Lyle cleared his throat, “I dunno.” He said, “We’ve uh, kind of broken up.” His face was red and he wasn’t looking at me.
“Oh,” I said. Whilst I was high-fiving myself on the inside, I wasn’t selfish enough to look pleased about it. “What happened?”
He shrugged, “Nothing, really.” He said. He looked uncomfortable, “It was just a silly argument.”
I smiled, “Well, she’ll more than likely be back in your arms by tonight, then.” I said.
He shook his head, “I don’t want her back.” He said, making my heart spike, “She’s not what I want.”
I blinked “Oh.” I said. I had nothing. I didn’t know what to say to that.
He stopped and turned to me, “She said that I care more about you than I do about her – and it’s true.”
My jaw dropped open. What was he saying? Was this the moment when all of my dreams and hopes came to fruition? Did Lyle actually love me? Best not jump in… I took a deep breath. “Okay.” I said, “What do you mean?”
He shrugged, “When she said it, I thought she was just being a bitch – she’s always been jealous of our friendship – but the more I thought about, the truer it was. I do care more about you than her – so, it’s better that we’re not together. I need a girlfriend that’s happy for me to have a really great friend.”
My heart sank. So, he hadn’t just realised that he was in love with me, then. No. Of course he hadn’t – because he was straight. Silly El Paso…
Trying and failing to look as if I hadn’t just had all of my hopes and dreams dashed, I smiled brightly at him, “You do.” I agreed. “And preferably one that likes me.”
He grinned, “I’ll be sure to introduce any prospective girls to you before I make them my girlfriend. I’m not putting up with any more shit from anyone.”
I smiled back at him. It was cute that he wanted his girlfriends to like me. I didn’t like to point out that I would probably hate each and every one of them, regardless – not because I was a horrible person or anything – just because I was horribly jealous that they were getting in his pants, when I wasn’t…



I wasn’t sure how I was going to turn up at the prom until the night. It was like that for me – some days I was Fort Worth, the boy, other days I was happier as a girl. My tuxedo would have looked dazzling, too. I’d chosen a deep navy velvet and I’d applied the diamantes on the lapels myself. It was stunning but I could use the jacket again another time – and I could always up cycle the trousers into another outfit, too. Hell, I could still wear it as a suit if the occasion warranted it...
As it turned out, I was feeling very girly on the day, so my amazing outfit that I’d made with the help of Grandma was hanging up, just waiting for me to put it on.
I was sat in front of my dresser applying my makeup when my phone buzzed. I glowed as I saw the text was from Blake.“See you at prom. Love you, xx”
I frowned. I’d have thought we’d arrive together. Most people knew we were best friends. This would just show that we’d… progressed.
I looked at my wig, which was sat on one of my head mannequins. I had a few wigs and three head mannequins that I dressed them on.
I wasn’t bothered that I didn’t have boobs to fill out the front of my dress. I liked my slim, androgynous figure. I did, however, want to look the part properly. The slits up the sides of my dress were bound to show something they shouldn’t at some point and I really didn’t want my junk hanging out, so I decided to do what all of my favourite drag queens did. I was tucking tonight…
I’d practiced – of course I had. I absolutely loved looking like a girl but it went deeper than that. When I was dressed as a girl, I felt like a girl – and that meant, while I was being girly, getting rid of the junk…
Once I’d tucked everything back and had on my tight underwear, it was time to get everything else on.
Finally, I was ready. Did I look like a drag queen? No. I looked just as beautiful as my favourite drag queen, but my makeup wasn’t quite as dramatic as the way she wore it; I could look like that if I chose to – but I had to keep a lid on it a little. This was prom, not the Met ball… 
I sent Blake a text back. “Can’t wait to see you later. Love you too xx”


Coming Soon... 

No comments:

Post a Comment