Pinterest

Tuesday 18 June 2019

What If... The series so far...

 “Have you seen the new teacher?” Jade, my best friend, hissed excitedly.
I shook my head, “No.” I said, “What’s he like?”
“He’s gorgeous!”she said. “Just you wait – you’re gonna blow a gasket – he’s totally your type!”
We’d established types over our four-year friendship. Her type was dark-haired and dark-eyed. I was more your redheads or blondes with green or blue eyes – not that I would rule a guy out for deviating from that of course – let’s face it, Schuyler was neither a redhead nor a blonde – but he was very definitely an auburn... “Really?” I asked, “So what makes you say he’s gorgeous?”
She shrugged, “I’m trying to broaden my horizons.” She said airily, “And you should too because this guy had darker hair than your usual choice of beau. But he’s got the cutest freckles and there’s definitely a red tinge to his hair.”
I blinked, “Really?” I asked. 
“Really.” She said wrinkling her nose. "Otherwise, he’s gorgeous, mate.”
I swallowed nervously as a really awful thought hit me. She’d just described Schuyler to a T.  What with the freckles and the auburn hair…Ohhh, shit. What if it was him? What if I’d slept with my teacher last night? What was going to happen then? Would I get kicked off the course? My mind was racing but then common sense kicked back in. What were the odds? The chances of Schuyler turning out to be my new teacher were slim to say the least. I was panicking over nothing…
“Look at this.” Jade, who could change the subject in the blink of an eye was pushing her mobile phone under my nose, showing me a video that she’d made. Jade loved making short films and was really talented at them, “What do you think? Is the song choice good enough?”
I’d convinced myself that I was being stupid and was engrossed in watching her film, which was, as usual, excellent. I didn’t notice the arrival of the teacher before he called the class to attention, “Morning guys.” 
I froze. That voice sounded familiar. I looked up and almost passed out with shock. Holy shit! It was him! It was Schuyler. I really had slept with my teacher last night. I was so shocked I couldn’t even speak. I wasn’t alone, however. Only half of the class managed a response. There was definitely a Monday-morning-feeling going on this morning.
Schuyler chuckled, “Are we all awake or were half of us up all of last night?”
Well, two of us were… 

 Out Now! 
Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Applebooks, Smashwords, Scribd and all other good ebook retailers


No comments:

Post a Comment