Pinterest

Sunday 23 June 2019

What If...?

“Jeez, man! Watch it!” I swerved my bike sideways, narrowly missing the back wheel of the bike that had just cut me up.
The rider looked over his shoulder in surprise. “Should have been looking where you were going!” He retorted and sped off.
I frowned. That was that freaking weirdo, Travis... I pedalled after him as fast as I could go. The cheeky git!
Unfortunately for Travis, the lights had just changed and I caught up with him. “Do you make a habit of just riding straight in front of someone, then?” I yelled as I drew up next to him.
His eyes widened and he went a little pink. “Uh, no.” he shook his head, “Look, I’m sorry about that. I forgot to put my glasses on this morning and I honestly didn’t spot you until the last minute – and I uh, I didn’t really mean to snap at you. It’s kind of a defence mechanism I’ve got going on.”
I was a little taken aback by his upfront and blunt apology and bit back the retort I was about to give him about being stupid... “Oh, well forget it then, I guess.”
Travis smiled shyly and glanced at me sideways. I looked back at him with interest and was kind of relieved that I hadn’t chewed him out. He was far too pretty for that this close up – and far too vulnerable-looking.
I took the time to study him. His hair was obviously longer than it looked and today it was pulled back in a ponytail. It was a warm chestnut colour when the sun shone on it and his eyes, I couldn’t help noticing, were the darkest blue I’d ever seen – and with the longest black eyelashes, too. Wow. What was it about him that had my heartbeat quickening? I can honestly say that I hadn’t noticed the way anyone had looked since Sam. It made me feel kind of scared – not least for the fact that he was considered to be quite the freakiest kid in college...

Available now from Amazon; Kobo; Barnes & Noble; Applebooks; Smashwords; Scribd and all good ebook distributors

No comments:

Post a Comment