Pinterest

Monday 25 August 2014

Coming Soon....

Kallie's Secret and The Watchtower


“Do you think we’ll ever be able to live a normal life?” I asked.
Kelsey shrugged and looked at Kyle. Kyle was the most optimistic of the lot of us. He grinned and nodded, “Of course we will – shit happens right?”
“Right,” We both agreed.
He smiled in his beautiful sunny way, “Well, assuming everything is balanced and karma exists – it must stand to reason that there will be times when it doesn’t happen.”
I shook my head and gave him a ghost of a smile back. “I love your thinking, dude – but I’ll never be happy again if we don’t find her.”
His smile faded. “Yeah – I know. I think she’s still alive – when I try to talk to her in my head, I get a powerful buzzing – like there’s interference on the line – you know?”
I nodded. I’d had the same thing happen to me. I was less hopeful that Kyle though.
Kyle looked at me seriously, “If she was gone – I’d just get nothing – try it – try talking to someone you’ve loved and lost.”

Joshua... Coming Soon


“Don’t worry, Hope – he’s safe – he’s just stayed behind to try to get whoever’s taken Kallie’s memories away – Josh wants revenge – you know what he’s like.” He rolled his eyes.
I nodded. I didn’t blame him either – apart from when he was asking Wesley to put himself in danger – I couldn’t deny I would want revenge on anyone who hurt anyone that I loved too and Joshua loved Kallie – that was as plain as the nose on his face… “Who is it? Does he know yet?”
Kelsey shrugged, “He didn’t say if he does – but you know what he’s like – he has to be in a certain radius…”
I swallowed hard and nodded. What if this was the one – what if he was going to meet his soul-mate today. Joshua would never be so cruel as to destroy a fellow hybrid’s soul-mate and even if he did – the damage would already be done – Wesley would know that he was in love with that person – and he could never be mine then in any case…
Kelsey was regarding me with interest as I suffered through my personal hell. “You know, you could always tell Wes the truth…”
I stared at him, “Are you kidding me?” I asked, aghast.
He shook his head, “Nope; that boy has feelings for you – you know he does – why don’t you just let it happen...?”
I pulled a face, “Yeah, yeah – sure he likes me – we get on fine – but he’ll never be in love with me the way you are with Destiny – or the way Joshua is with Kallie – or any of the others like you lot – I’m only human remember – he couldn’t ever…”
Kelsey shook his head, “I don’t agree with you.” He said, smiling as if he knew something I didn’t, “What if he does? The first gorevans that came here all fell in love with regular humans…”
I was about to argue again, but I stopped when I saw his face; what if he did?

Hope... Coming Soon...



No comments:

Post a Comment