Pinterest

Friday 6 May 2016

Looking for Trouble...

I really loved Angel. He was the sweetest person I’d ever met and when he asked me to marry him I felt like the luckiest, happiest girl in the world.
But I couldn’t stop the nagging little voice in the back of my mind that kept questioning our relationship.
We were best friends. And sure, we kissed and cuddled – and sometimes when we’d been to a party and had a lot to drink – we even got into some pretty heavy petting, which was always very nice while it was happening but I was always left frustrated afterwards. Angel must have felt it too...
But as frustrated as we both most certainly were – we’d never had full sex with each other – and I wasn’t all that sure Angel was ever going to want to. And that really was going to be a problem... for both of us.
I’d tried talking to my girlfriends about it but they didn’t really think there was anything wrong with Angel being ‘old fashioned’ and wanting to wait until we were married. They thought he was charming and adorable – which, you know – he was.
I was more concerned than that. I’d suspected he was gay before we started going out with each other, but I’d buried my fears for a while. I couldn’t however, stop them from bubbling back up to the surface now that we were going to get married. What if he cheated on me with a guy? What the hell was I going to do about that?
I should have confronted him about it but I didn’t know how to bring the subject up. What if I was wrong and my friends were right? What if he really was just an old-fashioned sort of guy?
“Morning Kayleigh.”
My heart stuttered in my chest as I looked up and found myself staring into the dark eyes of Steve Allbright. Oh, my God he was gorgeous... “Morning, Steve.” I smiled at him, “How are you today?”
He shrugged and smiled, “Fine – I’ve got a brand new nephew to dote on.”
I raised an eyebrow, “Oh?” I had no idea he even had any brothers or sisters. I was quite new at the firm and I was still getting to know everyone. I’d seen Steve around and his name was known to me because he was one of the senior partners in the firm. Other than finding him incredibly attractive, I didn’t know him very well at all.
He nodded, grinning all over his face, “Madison and Brooklyn already have daughter from Brooklyn’s previous relationship.”
I nodded, “Oh, is Brooklyn your brother – or is Madison your sister?”
He smiled, “Brooklyn is my best mate – and Madison is my brother.”
I blinked, “Excuse me?”
He nodded, “Yeah, my brother and my best mate are both gay – and married to each other.”
Oh wow... “How did you know they were gay?” I asked. What a stupid question. He was going to think I was completely unhinged...
He frowned, “Uh, well, it was pretty obvious that Mads was gay from the time he was about four years old – no one was surprised when he came out at about thirteen...”
I nodded, “Okay – what about Brooklyn? You said he had a daughter? So he must have had a girlfriend at some point, then...”
Brooklyn nodded, “Uh, yeah. He and Sandy – that was his girlfriend before he and Mads got together – they were sweethearts from a really young age and I guess he got into a bit of a rut with her – he reckons he didn’t really know he was gay until he met Madison...”
I frowned. Oh my God – maybe Angel simply didn’t know...
“Why do you ask? Have you got a brother that needs to come out or something?” He smiled at me, making my heart take off again. Damn, he was far too good-looking for his own good... “Mads would be happy to talk to him...”
I shook my head. Without really thinking through what I was about to divulge, I blurted out, “No – but I am concerned about my fiancé.” I was. This conversation had made so many things fall into place...
He blinked, “You’re fiancé?” he asked, “You think your fiancé might be gay?”
I bit my lip and nodded, “It’s probably nothing...” I started to walk away. This was nothing short of mortifying.
He shook his head, “No, wait,” he said, catching hold of my hand and turning me back to him, “Something’s made you think this way – so why do you think he’s gay?”
This was awful. I didn’t even know Mr Allbright... “Well...” He’s utterly beautiful for starters; no one could possibly be cleaner or more well-presented. He always smells absolutely divine. He’s better put together than any female I’ve ever met – including me and I try my best to keep up with his beauty regime...and we’ve never had sex and he’s got a total man-crush on Dave Franco. Other than that...
His mouth dropped open as understanding registered on his face, “You guys have never...?” he trailed off looking mortified with himself for talking about something so sensitive with one of his new employees.
I shook my head, tears springing up in my eyes, “Never.” I whispered, “We’ve got close a couple of times...”
He cleared his throat and looked as if he wanted nothing more than to run for the hills. He didn’t though. The guy had staying power... “Was it after a few drinks?” he asked.
I nodded. Oh, God. It was like he already knew the pattern of behaviour... “Is that what happened with Brooklyn?” I asked.
He nodded and sighed, “It might be nothing – but I think you should talk to him.”
I sighed. “I’ve tried.” I muttered, “I never really know what to say.”
He scratched his head, “I could ask Brooklyn.”
I smiled and nodded, “That would be great.”

Kayleigh... Looking for Trouble... #happyheatherafters #boynextdoorseries

No comments:

Post a Comment