Pinterest

Friday 4 December 2015

They're on their way.... release date 13th December 2015...

Conner raised an eyebrow. “Did you do something stupid?” he asked with the ghost of a smile.
I nodded maintaining my no-eye-contact façade, “Yup,” I sighed.
He brightened and sat forward in his seat, “What? You mean… did you actually tell him?” he sounded pleased and incredulous all at the same time.
I rubbed my eyes and looked up at him sheepishly; I was never any good at the whole no-eye-contact thing anyway, “Yup,”
He looked hopefully at me, “And?” he asked with a hint of a smile.
I looked at the two eager faces before me. There wasn’t a trace of gleeful mickey taking in either of them. They both knew the way I’d felt about Skye back in school and sixth form – hell, sad git that I am, they knew that I’d never felt that way about anyone since too.
I shrugged, “He already knew,” I said. “He reckoned he looked for me to tell me he’d made a mistake but…” I trailed off.
“Well, why don’t you go over there and ask him to go out for a drink with you one night, then?” he nodded in the general direction of where I’d been stood talking to him.
I scratched my neck nervously, “I can’t do that – I’ll look all pathetic and needy.”
“I don’t want to knock your confidence, mate – but you are all pathetic and needy,” Biff leaned forward and patted me on the shoulder, “– we’ve been propping you up for years mate – It's Christmas, just get laid already.” Biff had such a nice turn of phrase.



Zac looked up at the rather imposing building and did his best to swallow down the nerves that threatened to overwhelm him and have him running for the exit again and just spending the day down on the wreck with his skateboard… Okay, dude – no one knows you here. No one’s judging you. You’ve got a whole new start… 
After his twin brother died and he was shipped off to his rather austere grandparents while his parents recuperated, Zac just wanted to get through his A Levels and to finish school altogether; to move on with his life and try to get over his loss in his own way. It never occurred to him that he might meet someone who was going to mean more to him than anything had ever meant before... Things sometimes have a funny way of working out. Maybe just maybe he could finally find his happy ever after with Shay, or maybe he was just doomed where relationships were concerned and it was never gonna happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment