Pinterest

Monday 14 December 2015

Introducing Kody....

Introducing Kody...
It was never my intention to babysit some bent git that was covering his past by going straight – but Tate was a guy that I found it hard to say no to and he swore blind that the guy was actually pretty decent, and from a good family, so I found myself agreeing to being his bodyguard without even meeting him – something I was bound to regret along the way somewhere…“So – what’s his story?” I grunted when Tate came to find me.He shrugged, “Not too sure if I’m honest – he’s definitely bi-curious so no funny business.” He gave me the evil eye, which would have lesser mortals shaking in their shoes – but not me. We’d known each other too long. I knew that at least one of his brothers was gay – and somehow or other married with a kid already. I swear he’d also adopted some kid at sometime – it was a freaking weird set-up but it seemed to work for them… “Like I’d be interested.” I snorted.He raised an eyebrow, “He’s blond and tall – off the record he’s freaking gorgeous and right up your street.”It was my turn to raise an eyebrow, “Are you dipping a toe in our pond dude?” I asked with a wry smile.He grinned, “Nah,” he said, “But I’m beginning to understand what turns you guys on – I have two gay brothers now, you know.”I sighed and shook my head, “I don’t need any complications in my life. I’m cool on my own.”He frowned at me and I got the feeling I was about to be counselled whether I wanted to be or not – and I wasn’t wrong… “You’re allowed to move on,” he said gently, “You don’t have to mourn forever, you know.”I swallowed and tried my best to keep my stiff upper lip... I’d been in love once. His name was Peter and he was an agent just like me. He was a glory seeker and a bit of a show off, I guess – something I’d really adored about him – something I never thought I’d hate about him… until he was reckless and killed in a hail of bullets leaving his wife, his three children – and his biggest secret – me… “Yeah.” I agreed, “I know that – I’m just not ready.”He nodded, “Probably best that you’re not,” he shot me a wicked grin. I stuck my tongue out at him, “– but I can count on you to protect him?”I nodded, “I’ll protect him with my life – you have my word.” Nothing mattered anymore now that Peter was gone. If I died in the line of duty I’d have done my job. I wasn’t suicidal or anything – but I wasn’t afraid to lay down my life either. After all – what did I have to live for anymore, anyway?
Kody... Protecting Peyton Studs and Steel #1... Coming Autumn 2016
‪#‎HappyHeatherAfters‬

No comments:

Post a Comment