Pinterest

Sunday 25 September 2011

How To Talk To A Widower, Jonathan Tropper

I've read loads of books and I mean loads...
I read all of the time. Mostly nice fluffy stuff with happy endings (I don't like anything that doesn't have a happy ending and I know that's my own personal problem but hey - it works for me).
Sometimes though, I pick up a book and it grips me, even though I know it may very well not have a happy ending, or it may traumatise me along the way or it may stay with me for years after I've read it and that's why I avoid them...
It's happened. I picked it up...I picked this book up off the kitchen table at work the other day and I am HOOKED!
It's sad and funny and brilliant all at once. The language is a little rich (it's aimed at an adult audience) but still it is possibly one of the best books I've ever read. I suspect it will stay with me for a while. (Don't even mention The Time Traveller's Wife to me!) but heck to it - life isn't always the way you want it! Read it for yourself and decide...

No comments:

Post a Comment