Pinterest

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Waxwings where I live...

You all know by now that I'm a bit of a twitcher on the quiet...
Well - I was taking my daughter to college this morning - I don't usually, but I have the morning off work and she was running late so...
We were driving up a street near to ours when I spied them, high up on a telegraph pole. I excitedly told her and her friend that they were waxwings. They both looked at me like I was something they'd stepped in - but hey, that's teenage girls for you!
I dropped them off and drove back! I sat watching them for a few minutes and then I returned home with a happy glow and a big smile on my face.
I've seen plenty of waxwings on the TV and in books - but to see them sat on a telegraph pole in the middle of the village where you live is kind of magical!
I'm one happy woman!
Laters xx

No comments:

Post a Comment