Pinterest

Monday 4 June 2012

Taking a break in St Ives....

We are back in lovely St Ives this week - same place as last summer, well not quite - we've got a much nicer house to stay in this week and I'm feeling very smug to be in such luxurious surroundings.
My laptop's hard drive had died and was un-recoverable - not quite so heart-broken as I was - I realised that most of what I'd done on the Highway to Society was saved and the changes I've been forced to make (well re-write from memory actually) have only made it better and led to a better conclusion - plus a quite likely future spin-off story too so it's all good.
I'm working on it at the moment, plus the other four I was working on, and I should be back on track by the end of the month.
Sadly quite a lot of the Wolf Moon wasn't saved, so I'm trying to put this back together - I'm sure I'll get around to it before much longer and the Genie and the Master who loved him is pretty much intact so I shall get to finishing that soon too.
I will never forget to back-up again - but my God what a horrible way to learn by a mistake!
I didn't dare check what was missing for a few days - and I honestly couldn't work out what I did with my spare time without my computer! It really is almost an appendage!!!!
Anyway - we're off to Newquay today and then probably Perranporth as the weather looks better on that side of the peninsular. Laters xx

No comments:

Post a Comment