Pinterest

Saturday 29 February 2020

Out Now!

 I jumped violently as the front doorbell rang for the very first time after the hour of seven o’clock, since I’d moved in, which was a while ago...
I made my way to the door on slightly shaky legs. It wasn’t exactly late – but I was a single gay man in a semi-rural location and I had no idea if the neighbours, who I’d spookily never met, were accepting of my ‘sort’ or not. I suspected not...
I peeped through the spyhole in the door but I really had absolutely no idea who was on the other side. Giving myself an internal talking to, I opened the door. I blinked as I found myself staring into the eyes of someone who wasn’t only very familiar – but he had absolutely no business being on my doorstep at all.
I swear I stood there in silence for at least two minutes with my mouth hanging open before I remembered my manners. 
The man in front of me was a TV star. A very famous TV star – in a very high-profile relationship with another very famous TV star-come-producer and his being here was not only surreal, it was fucking unbelievable. It took a fair few seconds before my brain kicked in and I stopped just staring at him in shock. “Hello.” I said, trying not to sound as though I was beyond excited that he was standing there. I’d been in love with this guy – obviously from afar – in the same way as I’d been in love with Justin Timberlake since I was about sixteen and Justin was singing ‘Sexyback’. God. I could still get a boner when that song came on – and ‘I don’t feel like dancing’ by the Scissor Sisters. 2006 was a great year... The same year I discovered an amazing soap called ‘Honeysuckle Avenue’ with the most exciting cast including newcomer, Nathan McGregor. His character was Orlando Warner and he was the long-lost son of the billionaire tycoon who was the big name of the show. It was a high profile show from one of the big gun producers, Woods Orson Productions and Warwick Warner was played by one of the highest paid older actors in Hollywood and with the rest of the cast being a good mix of household names and new blood, it was an instant hit. Well, I fell in love for the first time ever – with a guy...


Out Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment