Pinterest

Saturday 14 December 2019

6 days to go...

Myles’ jaw dropped and his heart started to beat a little faster in his chest. Was Sage actually admitting something here? Best to check… “Uh?”
Sage shrugged, “There’s no point in lying about it – you surely knew how I felt about you back when we were kids?”
Myles felt as if his heart was going to burst, “You had feelings for me?” Like the ones I had for you?
He nodded, “Well, yeah.” He said, rolling his eyes. “Couldn’t you tell?”
Myles laughed, relief flooding through him so quickly he felt a little lightheaded, “What? Between the scowls, the put-downs and the downright avoidances you managed for months at a time? Hell, sure I knew you really liked me underneath it all.”
Sage frowned, “You really didn’t know?” he asked.
Myles closed his eyes for a moment and counted to five. Opening his eyes again he decided to spell it out for his old friend, “No, Sage.” He said, “It wasn’t obvious that you liked me at all. I was besotted with you, though and I managed to maintain the hope of a small child that one day you might feel at least something for me. I never gave up.”
Sage blinked, “Yes, you did.” He said, “You gave up on me when you went to Manchester. You forgot all about me. You left me without a backwards glance and never got in touch again – until now.”
Myles looked at him incredulously, “Well yes.” He admitted, But only because you sent me that text, telling me to get lost and die.” To never bother you again because you were so over our pathetic friendship and to go and bother some other straight guy that I hoped was less straight than they first appeared.
Sage closed his eyes, his face going red with embarrassment, “Uh, yeah.” He mumbled, “I didn’t mean any of it. I was kind of hoping that we were going to gloss over that part…”
Myles snorted a laugh. Sage was impossible to stay mad at. He was impulsive, grumpy and had made some pretty terrible decisions concerning the pair of them but everything was fixable, “Come here and kiss me and maybe I’ll consider it.”
Sage’s jaw dropped, “Kiss you?” he asked his eyes going round and his face getting even redder, “Are you crazy?
Myles shook his head, “No.” he said, “Well, maybe I’m crazy about you but I’m definitely not crazy.”
Sage finally cracked a small smile. “A kiss.” He murmured, “I don’t know…”
“What’s one little kiss between friends?” Myles encouraged, sidling across the sofa towards him.
“Oh, God. It’s got disaster written all over it.” Sage muttered under his breath.

Available now for pre-ordering. Release date 20th December 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment