Pinterest

Sunday 7 May 2017

What If... I want commitment?


“Look, mate,” he shrugged carelessly, “– it’s been fun and all – but really, it’s time you weren’t here you know,” Micah even looked at his watch and then cast a desperate glance back at the guy lounging on the sofa watching some crap on the TV, “I’ve got to go to work later.”
I tried my best to concentrate on my work and to block out the voices of my flatmate, Micah and his latest hook-up – I think his name was Paolo, but that could have been the one he’d brought back the other night. They all looked the same... Hell, they all sounded the same, if I’m honest – all of them with their eyeliner and lip-gloss and overly tight skinny jeans and flimsy vest tops and girlish giggles. That wasn’t the worst of it – the worst of it was definitely the shrieking that he was the best lay they’d ever had while he was servicing them in the bedroom – my room was right across the hall and it was impossible not to hear everything...
Micah seemed to be attracted to exactly the same type of guy every time. None of them were what you’d call keepers and I thanked heaven for that – I’d have to move out if any one of those guys moved in with him, a couple of nights a week of loud sex was quite enough, thanks – if that was gonna happen all hours of the day and night I’d have to find somewhere else to live or I’d never get any sleep – not to mention the fact that I would feel eternally inadequate...
I felt very conspicuous sitting at the dining table with all my paperwork spread out around me. Micah just didn’t have the sensitivity to bin the guys off privately and I was dying inside for the little guy. I’d glanced up when Micah had started to do his usual speech and I had to admit that the guy was really quite beautiful. I looked back down at my work and tried my best to not listen – it had to be mortifying for Paolo or whatever his name was to know I could hear every word...
I could still see them in my peripheral vision and I just wanted to disappear – I hated these awkward moments when it was so obvious to me that he’d had enough and just wanted the guy to go. It was so harsh... and so damned rude...
Raife and Micah are housemates. Micah likes to 'entertain' while Raife is busy studying for his master's degree and doesn't really have time for dating seriously.
Micah has a different guy staying the night two or three times a week, while Raife can't remember the last time he had a boyfriend.
Raife believes in love and knows that he wants to find 'the one' while Micah believed in love once but had his hopes dashed and now firmly believes in having fun and moving on...
Raife never expected to fall for Micah and Micah certainly never thought someone like Raife would want a guy like him.
But they were wrong....
This is the second book in the What If? Series. It is a standalone novel with no cliff hanger and a happy ever after finish... 
Pre-Order Now from Amazon... Release Date 30th June 2017
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment