Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Coming Soon....


Mum and Dad dying out of the blue  – well, it was tough on all of us – but Tom reacted really badly to it and he was permanently in trouble because of it.
I’d been called into school – for the third time in a month.
“I’m sorry to keep calling you in, Truelove,” the Headmaster remembered me as a pupil – well, I guess it had only been a year since I left 6th form… “but he’s out of control – he’s smoking weed and turning up for lessons completely spaced out.”
I closed my eyes, “I’ll kill him.” I muttered under my breath. Opening my eyes again I looked at Mr Connelly, “So what does that mean? Is he expelled?”
He smiled and shook his head, “We’re not that cruel, True. We understand he’s going through a difficult period – he is suspended though – and it’s a real shame because he’s a really bright kid. He can attend school again on Monday.”
I nodded; it was only Tuesday, “Where is he?”
He nodded towards the door, “Out there,” he said with a slightly worried frown, “– or at least I hope he is…”
I stood up and shook his hand, “I’m really sorry for his behaviour, sir – I’ll try harder with him.”
He patted my shoulder, “I understand, True – if you need help – just ask.”
I nodded, “I will, thanks.” I walked over to the door and opened it. I looked at the bench seat – reserved for the bad kids (Tom had pretty much had his own named seat since he started at the school for one thing or another) and found myself eye to eye with my younger brother who looked up at me sheepishly, “Hey, Tom.” I said, “Ready to go home?”
He stood up, nodding his head, “I’m sorry, True,” He mumbled, “I’m just having such a hard time adjusting.”
I sighed, “Me too, babe,” I said, slipping my arm through his, “Me too.”

True... Love (Riverside #1) Coming Soon...