Thursday, 7 August 2014

Bit of an issue....

Call me an idiot by all means - I've been beating myself up all day and all night..
I was happily editing The Trouble with Tyler yesterday afternoon when I decided to have a short break... I placed my laptop down (as I do every day) and popped into the kitchen, came back with a drink put that down, picked up my laptop - nothing. Dead as a doornail - would not switch back on, red hot to touch - gone....
This is the real issue though - I'm a bit of a dreamer, a little bit dozy and I hadn't backed it up since May... well, as you can imagine I have the first chapter of Tyler saved and nothing else. So - might be a bit of delay on the release - hopefully it's not going to be a major disaster - and hopefully when the techy guys have finished with it all my stuff will still be there - but I've been here before two years ago - and yes, you really would think I'd be more careful - but I'm Heather...
Deep mournful sigh... Just thought I'd share...