Wednesday, 8 January 2014

update....update....update.....

White Water Series:
I'm having a break from all the angst and loved up stuff in Operation Boyfriend, Some Kind of Paradise and Clean Break and going for a white water ride instead....
I'm in the process at the moment of writing White Water which I'm totally loving - Cody Conner is one of my favourite characters of all time to write - he's got brothers too - four of them actually - each with their own story to tell....maybe.
So the next in the series is Phase 5 - well, it might be - or it might be Kallie's Secret - I haven't quite decided yet since they're more linked than in order if that makes sense?
The final one of them has to be The WatchTower - since that one is the where they all kind of meet up and it is the end of this chapter for them.
I'm also working on Hunter's Moon which will be released later on this year - I'll post more details about that one separate - in the meantime; here's an excerpt from White Water...


Cody


There was something about Sophie – from the moment I laid eyes on her I knew there was something – it was believing it that was the hard part – how could she be anything like me and my family – we were hardly what you could call commonplace…
Me and my family were hybrids – well, actually I was second generation hybrid – my parents were the cross-breeds – me and my four brothers were actually like a whole new-improved breed. I’d better explain…
My father’s father was a volunteer for a super-human breeding program (no really, I’m actually not joking here) from another planet called Gore – he came to Earth and met a human girl – they fell in love and he decided to stay here – they had a child – and that child was of course, my father.
Of course my grandfather wasn’t the only volunteer and my mother crazily enough – was also a hybrid – it would seem these gorevans couldn’t stay away from Earth once they’d discovered it – and they must have found it pretty easy to run into each other too – and goodness only knows how many others there were out there – which brings me back to Sophie – call me psychic – some people do – but there’s something about her that I really feel strongly attracted to – it’s like she’s my own personal magnet… Could she be like me? Because I’m not gonna lie – that would be absolutely awesome. In all my sixteen years (which okay, is not exactly a long time but still) I’ve yet to find another hybrid like us and it’s a shock to finally run into one – particularly since she seems to really dislike me – but I’ve never been so attracted to another person in my whole life….
We’ve only recently moved to this small town, Long Ridge, in the middle of nowhere – a sort of hide-out for my family and I – and I thought it was gonna be the most boring place in the history of the universe – how wrong could I be?