Monday, 7 May 2012

Oh pussy cat, pussy cat...where HAVE you been???

Saturday afternoon I noticed my lovely little cat Bella sneaking through the gap between the end of the kitchen counter through to the utility room (which is totally her room) as she is quite prone to do.  Her basket sits in prime position on the little table in there so she has a great view of everything around her and she can very easily jump across to the sink (which we don't really use save for washing out the brushes when we decorate - like I said...unused for most of the time) where she likes to sit too.
Anyway, that was around half past one, quarter to two time....I asked Chloe, my youngest daughter at around half past four if she'd fed the cat this afternoon. "Um, no." came her very helpful answer. I put out food and gave Bella a shout from the back door....she didn't come in. This is very unusual behaviour for our little Bella - her whole life revolves around her food bowl - she is particularly fond of Felix wet cat food, which is her evening meal treat...yes I know she's spoiled, you don't have to tell me...
Four hours later (and a fair few shouts from the back door, bottom of the garden, all around the neighbours houses etc etc) she still isn't home. It's getting dark (Before you ask, no she isn't afraid of the dark) and I am becoming quite beside myself with worry and grief that she has met the same sticky end as her sister Ruby did two years ago...
At ten thirty I was giving up all hope of seeing her ever again when my husband went into the kitchen and said  "Bella, if you come home now, you can have double helpings of Felix." The cat flap went and there she was!!! I told you she liked her food...
She was absolutely scared stiff though and went and hit under Jessie's bed (Jessie is my eldest) for the whole night.
We don't know if she was stuck in someone's shed or garage, or if some kindly old lady had taken a fancy to her and kept her prisoner all day - or if she simply went playing a little further afield and then got scared by a fox on her way back (She really doesn't like foxes and we have plenty of urban ones around here let me tell you).
Anyway - I'm not bothered - we've got her back and that's all that matters! We do so love our little Bell-star!
She also goes by the rather silly names of "Belly-bee" "Smelly" "Welly" and "Belly-elly-ooo" So if you see a rather beautiful black and white moggy with a bit of a baggy belly and a tendency to roll on her back for a tummy stroke - bring her back will you!? We don't like it when she's gone!
Thanks x